Rules to know for the beginning of the season
October 13, 2015
With the start of the season I thought I would talk about some of the rules that everyone needs to know.
- Each team is allowed five skaters plus the goalie on the ice throughout the game
- Only the goalie is allowed in the crease
- You can only have three players in the zone past the ringette line at the top of the face off circles
- You have to pass the ring over each blue line
- You can’t pass the ring over both blue lines because the ring will just go back to the other team
- If your team has two penalties at any point during a game you can only have two players in your defending zone
These are just some of the basic rules, and I will explain more throughout the season. If there is a specific rule you would like to know more about just let me know and I will try my best to explain it as well as I can.